Networker

[Networker] SUMMARY...Kinda [Networker] aliases not working

2003-03-06 16:47:46
Subject: [Networker] SUMMARY...Kinda [Networker] aliases not working
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:47:44 -0500
Well, I'd like to say I figured out what the problem was. But it just went way.

The main suggestions were to check DNS... as I noted in the original query I
had already triple checked them, because I know this is typically the problem.

I came in this morning and ran the test group containing the clients I was
having problems with and they failed... a few _minutes_ later I ran the same
group and they succeeded.  I didn't change anything in DNS or within Legato.
Only thing I did do was stop a service(not networker) on one of the servers
just to rule that out... and magically it worked.  Stopping one service on one
machine "fixed" a problem on 3 completely unrelated machines.  Yeah Right!!!

Man this really sounds like a stupid user(admin) induced problem... I wouldn't
believe me either.

I was just hoping someone had seen the problem before... maybe I'll head down
to the nearest psych ward.

Thanks for the responses...

Joel