Networker

[Networker] Networker: Banyan recover from scanned indexes

2003-03-06 04:42:36
Subject: [Networker] Networker: Banyan recover from scanned indexes
From: Simon Draper <simon.draper AT ALPHAWEST.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 04:32:34 -0500
Hi All,

we have a Banyan Vines 8.6 server being backed up by a Networker 5.5 server
running on NT4. We recently attempted a restore from a clone tape, there
were no online indexes for the time period we were after so we scanned in
the indexes for "/" and "/disk4" where the data resides.

The indexes show from nsrinfo as being scanned in, however when I go to the
Vines box and do a changetime to the day after the backup from the scanned
in indexes I get a "unable to find alias root in index". Has anyone come
across this error before?

regards,
Simon.