Networker

Re: [Networker] Best way to configure storage node

2003-03-03 11:38:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Best way to configure storage node
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRONTEXACO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:24:08 -0000
Dennis,
        Networker will start at the top of the 'storage node' list and
then, if it can't satisfy the request from that one it goes to the next.

So, if you had a location A machine with the following in the storage
node field

Storage node B
Storage node A
Nsrserverhost

It would try to find a suitable tape in storage node B, failing that it
would go to storage node A and failing that it would go to the Networker
server.

You could, of course, just have an entry for where you want the data to
go and leave no choices. Or variations on above (i.e. one storage node
then back to the Networker server).

Now, the indexes, these actually belong to the Networker server. If you
specify a pool for a group then the indexes will be pointed to that pool
as well (the pool will have data from the Networker server and so will
take on Networker browse and retention if greater than the original).
If, however, you specify the client to the pool, the indexes will go to
the default pool and just the client data to the specified pool.

Hope it make a bit of sense.

Bob