Networker

Re: [Networker] Thoughts? Storage firm Legato looking for buye r

2003-02-10 16:34:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Thoughts? Storage firm Legato looking for buye r
From: "Day, David" <david.day AT CENTERPULSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:19:17 -0600
The rumor has been out for so long now we are used to speculating; IBM,
Computer Associates, EMC...

If EMC or similar company made the bid, that would have to be a good thing.
There are a few that could potentially do more harm than good in terms of
customer support but that strikes me as very unlikely.

We recently did an upgrade and are changing our remote sites from various
competitive products to Legato.  This news actually makes me feel a little
better about the decision.  More R&D capital, better job of porting or
writing code to non-UNIX OSs.  I'm looking forward to the change.

David