Networker

[Networker] Possible scheduling bug in 6.2???

2003-02-08 11:04:13
Subject: [Networker] Possible scheduling bug in 6.2???
From: Paul Crossman <pcrossma AT WILDFIRE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:02:59 -0500
I think I might have just run up against a scheduling bug in NW6.2
running on Windows SP3.

I have a full schedule that is as follows

Name:  Full Group 2
Schedule:  skip skip skip skip skip skip full
Overrides:  4 first Saturday every month
                1 third Saturday every month
                2 fourth Saturday every month
                3 fifth Saturday every month

What I've observed is the following.

Looking at the schedule in the UNIX nwadmin, shows me what I would
expect to happen based on the above schedule.  Clients using this
schedule would get a full backup today.  However, when I look at the
same schedule in the Windows nwadmin (calendar view), I see what's
actually happening.  Clients using this schedule got a level 4 backup
today.

What I've been able to deduce from looking at future months is that any
month that starts on a Saturday is totally screwed up.  It looks like
Legato doesn't know enough to count Feb 1, 2003, March 1, 2003, and
November 1, 2003 as first Saturday's of the month.  Looks like some
basic math went sour in the code.

Has anyone else seen this that knows the fix, or can anyone else running
6.2 reproduce this?

Thanks,
Paul C.

--