Networker

Re: [Networker] low water mark message?

2003-01-29 17:43:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] low water mark message?
From: pt_work <kizzmit66 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:43:19 -0500
Hi George,
The thread below from the archives may be of some help here.

PT

Date:         Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:10:35 +0100
Sender:       Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
From:         Rodney Wines <Rodney.Wines AT AHQPS.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Subject:      SUMMARY: Low Water Mark

Thanks to Ernie Bokkelkamp and Bob Wood.

The low water mark is accessible via the Unix gui as Media -> Jukeboxes
(detail view) -> Minimum Space.  Ernie said that on NT it is: Autochanger ->
Information -> Minimum space.  However, I couldn't find it. ***Note from
PT, make sure view->hidden attributes is turned on, you will see it.***

The minimum space for my jukebox is set to 7GB, which is the default.  The
only explanation I can think of is that the two previous tapes filled up at
roughly the same time, and the other tapes in the jukebox were all full
(although 7 of them were recyclable).  The problem went away when NetWorker
recycled a couple of tapes.

Rodney

----- Original Question -----
I've recently upgraded to NetWorker 6.0.1/NT4SP6a.  Last night I got the
following message as a tape mount request 3:

NetWorker Media: (alert) Volumes in jukebox 'OVERLAND' have passed the low
water mark

I've never seen this before.  Is this new with 6.x?

I looked at the jukebox configuration, but couldn't find any place where the
low water mark was defined (or enabled).  I got this message when there were
5 recyclable DLT7000 tapes in the jukebox, and two tapes in the drives which
weren't full.  Our backups require only 1 tape per night for incrementals,
and I have scripts which monitor the jukebox anyhow, so this message is
overkill and unnecessary.  Does anybody know how to disable it without
disabling the tape mount messages?