Networker

[Networker] Unable to install Networker Client on NT server

2002-12-30 05:27:37
Subject: [Networker] Unable to install Networker Client on NT server
From: Dieter Wick <dieter.wick AT ADD-YET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 05:17:49 -0500
Hi,
I am trying to install Networker Client software version 6.2 on a NT 2000
SP 3 server. During installation it stops and displays Evt 1025:  Unable to
start nsrexecd on server. Make sure you have enough priviledges to start
system services. A manually start of the nsrexecd service at this moment
does not work.
I am trying to install it from an local Admin NT account.  The Server has
Oracle 9 installed.
Any one have an idea why nsrexecd cannot be started ?  This NT server has a
static IP and in not part of any domain. Permission on the drive where I am
trying to install is set for everyone full control. The filesystem is NTFS.
Also I tried to stop all not nessary servives when I install the Client,
but without success.

Thanks

dieter