Networker

Re: [Networker] tapes both recyclable and read-only?

2002-12-19 16:35:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] tapes both recyclable and read-only?
From: Kit Cunningham <kc AT IT-ASSIST.CO DOT NZ>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:36:45 +1300
Sorry but I had to take up your challenge.

Winag.pdf off the may 2002 cd (version 6.2) , search on auto media management,
first hit gave a
good clear explanation.

Search on "(R)"  , read down the page - good explanation of the fact the read
only mode tapes will
still be recycled and labeled according to the policies. Im not agreeing with
it working that way but
it is in the manuals.

mmlocate - so you dont have to remember (more) switches for nsrmm as you move
tapes offsite
;-)

Regards

Kit