Networker

Re: [Networker] backup command / savepnpc

2002-12-10 16:18:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup command / savepnpc
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:19:01 -0500
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:30:18 -0600, David E. Nelson <david.nelson AT NI DOT
COM> wrote:

>The savepnpc scripts will not execute.  You'll still get an email but it'll
>state that the schedule was a 'skip' and nothing happened.
>
>Regards,
>        /\/elson

Also be aware that this is a recent change, and earlier versions of savepnpc
did not do this. Beware if you have any older client versions.

Another case to consider is when you are using the -n flag to savepnpc (no
backup). Does it do pre/post then? Should it do? What do you think?

If you are using savepnpc in anger, beware of the GROUP.tmp file bug, it is
potentially quite damaging because when it fails there is no message or clue
and it could fail for months on end. I strongly recommend you apply the
savefixpnpc workaround, the latest version of the script for this is
available in the NetWorker FAQ on Storage Mountain.