Networker

Re: [Networker] [Networker] nwrecover and linux

2002-12-10 14:33:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] [Networker] nwrecover and linux
From: Matthew Temple <mht AT RESEARCH.DFCI.HARVARD DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:30:51 -0500
francis.berges wrote:
I have a small problem with linux clients. I use a 6.0.
hello,

I have a small problem with linux clients. I use a 6.0.1
server on W2k working fine but linux clients ( red hat 6.1 )
cannot browse through their index.
When changing the browse time, nwrecover always answer invalid
browse time. I try to revover the linux client through a unix
box ( with a remote access in the definition of the linux
client ) and it works fine ( so the linux index seems to be OK
).
I try several configurations on linux ( changing locale,
setting or not TZ ) but none work.

I believe that the changing-browse-time bug was noted on the
Legato Site.   My recollection was that you couldn't change
the browse time once you brought up the window, but you could
change it at the command line,  i.e.,

       nwrecover -s server -T browse-time ....

It was a bug in the Linux client that gopt fixed in the 6.1
(I think) server version.   It works correctly now.

                               mht

Matthew Temple                Tel:    617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing  Fax:    617/632-4012
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute  mht AT research.dfci.harvard DOT edu
44 Binney Street,  JF 314     http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115              Choice is the Choice!