Networker

Re: [Networker] [NetWorker] NT Cluster License issue

2002-11-28 07:24:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] [NetWorker] NT Cluster License issue
From: Paul White <Paul.White AT ADIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 04:21:21 -0800
Chris,

The problem is not the server, but that the shiny new 6.1.2 clients are
TELLING the server they are clusters. The older versions of NetWorker (pre-6
usually) do not identify that they are a cluster node, and so the server
does not ask you for licenses. A short term solution is to downgrade your
clients. The long term answer is that you will need to properly license your
environment. If you have not added your cluster to the Legato environment of
your own accord, and they were present when your system was spec'd you could
always have a pop at the reseller (or Legato!) that spec'd it out, as they
have not really licensed your environment properly (might be worth a
discount on the licenses).

Under 6 you need 1 license per physical node, under 5.x you needed 1 per
node AND 1 per virtual resource (server, disk e.t.c.), the Legato release
notes and install guides have good description of these schemes if you want
to know more.

Regards

Paul.

--
Paul White BSc (Hons), Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Advanced Digital Information Corporation (ADIC) Europe

115 Wharfedale Road,    SwitchBoard: 0118 922 9100
Winnersh,               Mobile:      07876 575321
Berkshire,              Email:       Paul.White AT ADIC DOT com
RG41 5RB, UK            Web:         www.adic.com