Networker

[Networker] How to restore?

2002-11-26 07:00:03
Subject: [Networker] How to restore?
From: Rafael Alberto Mendez Naranjo <rafael_mendezn AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:49:54 +0100
Hi all,
Maybe this is an stupid question but I hope someone enlight me with this
URGENT matter.
Is it possible to restore the an entire Networker server using two different
tape drives?. My customer is trying to restore its networker server
(originally connected to an STK robot with DLT7000) using another STK
library with DLT8000 tape drives and they are having problems restoring the
indexes. Is it possible to do the restoration that way?
Does anybody could send me a simple procedure of how to restore NW server?.
I do suspect the backup made using DLT7000 could not be restored using
DLT8000, is it true?.
Any advice or help would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Rafael

MSN. Más Útil Cada Día http://www.msn.es/intmap/