Networker

[Networker] Lotes BSM problems...

2002-11-19 07:40:12
Subject: [Networker] Lotes BSM problems...
From: "Er, Murat" <Murat.Er AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:29:56 +0200
Hi All,
I have a problem on Legato Lotus Notes Module.

I have seen a text in tek-tips.com as you can see below (some reading
but it exactly describes my problem)
Does any one know where I can found the mentioned 3.3 Mb file or patch?

Thanks.

Best regards.

Here is also my notes server details.

Legato Lotus Agent : 2.1.0-001
Lotus Server,
RAM : 2 GB
CPU : Pentium 1.1 MHz
OS : Windows 2000 SP2
Disk : two partition
first partition 3 GB used, 4 GB empty
second partition 55 GB used, 73 GB empty

Lotus Notes DB size : appr.  45 GB

Text from Tek-tips.

QUESTION:
I have two Notes clients (using the BSM) running on Windows machines.

Notes1 is a Win2k machine running Notes 5.0.6a, and the latest version
of the BSM.

Notes2 is a WinNT machine running Notes 5.0.6a, and the latest version
of the BSM.

Both machines have the same nsrnote.bat (aside from a couple of
directory name differences), specifically both include the line "SET
NML_SKIPDBERRORS=yes".

The Notes1 server crashes at night during the backup.  It may or may not
crash on a given day, but the frequency is increasing.  We have narrowed
the problem down to something with Legato, but are out of ideas.  (We
moved the Notes backups back 2 hours, and the system crashed 2 hours
later, during the "new" backup time).

The Notes2 (WinNT) machine runs backups flawlessly.

HANDLE: riffty
POSTED ON: Jul 8, 2002

REPLY:
What is the file size of your NSRNOTESSV.EXE file we have been sent a
patched file for Notes BSM2.1 the new file is 3.3MB the old file was
750K so far it seems stable.
Took our New York Office a months wait to get the fix from Legato.
Also there is a new Notes "Double-byte" Agent on the evaluation web
site.

HANDLE: Chapter11
POSTED ON: Jul 8, 2002

REPLY: