Networker

[Networker] Use of NRM

2002-11-18 09:07:01
Subject: [Networker] Use of NRM
From: "Day, David" <david.day AT CENTERPULSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:06:55 -0600
We have a mix of W2K and Solaris systems at our primary site.  I'm assuming
NRM is focuses on ROOT and BOOT and if that is correct, how much space are
you allotting per server for NRM for each class of system?  The primary site
will have around eight UNIX and ten W2K servers using this module and the
remote sites only one or two at the most.

Are you taking images on a daily basis and if so, do you archive previous
images to tape or retain only the last few on disk only?  I am also
preparing to purchase new hardware for some of the remote sites which are
W2K only and want to install enough disk capacity to support this feature.

Thanks in advance
David