Networker

Re: [Networker] mmrecover process

2002-11-12 11:26:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] mmrecover process
From: Carl Farnsworth <carl.farnsworth AT DIGIDYNE DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:26:02 -0500
Try loading the tape in the drive first and running a simple scanner
command to make sure a) you have the right device, b) the volume is indeed
the volume you're looking for, c) watch for the SSID required to show up
(may take long time - 3 hrs if at end of DLT7k).  Beware scanner -B
command - didn't work in certain version(s).
Worst case - try mmrecov without specifying file# and record# - will take
much longer, but should find requested SSID.

HTH
Carl Farnsworth
DigiDyne Inc.