Networker

[Networker] Yet another NT client problem

2002-11-08 09:40:47
Subject: [Networker] Yet another NT client problem
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:40:13 -0500
Hey all,

I never have a single problem with my Unix clients, but am constantly
fighting problems with the M$ clients.  Oh well I suppose once M$ is on
every computer then I'll have problems with them all.... ;-)

Enough ranting....

Server: E450/Solaris 2.6/Networker 6.1.2
Client: Win2K Cluster 2 Physical Nodes/Networker 6.1.build.186/M$
cluster software

The cluster has 8 virtual hosts of which we are successfully backing up
7.  The 8th virtual hosts cannot find it's volumes to backup.  From the
OS and Cluster standpoint the volumes are there and working correctly.
If I specify "All" in savesets it give an error "Nothing to save".  If I
specify I:\ and T:\, which are the volumes that virtual host owns, then
it errors out with "No file or directory found" for both volumes.

Anybody had any similar experiences?  I've opened a case with Sun, but
have low expectations of getting help from them because the client is on
Win2K.  Any help/ideas would be appreciated.  I've check
permissions/cluster setup... seems like everything is setup the same way
the other 7 virtual hosts are setup.

TIA

Joel