Networker

[Networker] SDLT and DLT8000 in the same library

2002-11-06 12:41:08
Subject: [Networker] SDLT and DLT8000 in the same library
From: mark kilpatrick <toptiertech AT YAHOO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:41:05 +0000
Hi,   I have a storagetek L180 library with two DLT8000 drives currently
configured to run on Legato networker on a Solaris box.  There is just one SCSI
card.
I hope to install one SDLT drive into this library and then re-run jbconfig to
add the library again with the SDLT drive included.
This drive will then be disabled as it will only be used in the event of the
requirement to recover a file from a site where all the drives are SDLT.
1) Is this a supported configuration?
2) I install a patch to the solaris server for SDLT support.  How do I ensure
that the SDLT drive and DLT8000 drives are using the correct drivers?

Thanks,  Mark