Networker

Re: [Networker] ADIC's Scalar 1000 tape library - your experiences??

2002-11-03 16:06:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] ADIC's Scalar 1000 tape library - your experiences??
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 16:06:35 -0500
On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 05:38:10 -0500, Tarjei T. Jensen
<tarjei.jensen AT KVAERNER DOT COM> wrote:

>Congratulations!
>That is the first sighting of an interoperability test with interchange of
>data.
>
>Did it work both ways? With and without compression?

Sorry, my tests weren't very exhuastive. I was able to read tapes written on
Seagate drives, with compression, using an IBM drive. At the time I was more
concerned with getting to the bottom of the reliability problems.

I may have the opportunity to do better testing in the next couple of
months, and if so I will post the results.

As you rightly point out, the standard does not specify interoperability,
but we should not assume that this does not work, until we know for sure one
way or the other.