Networker

Re: [Networker] recover command versus nwrecover GUI

2002-10-30 09:54:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] recover command versus nwrecover GUI
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:27:16 -0500
On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Michel De Rouck wrote:

> This works fine for all filesystems , except /users/appli where if I
> recover , Networker asks for the tape that is the Full before the last
> Full in stead of the last Full. And this only for this filesystem not
> for the others. Allthough using the command volumes on the recover
> prompt it shows the volumes of the last Full and the incrementals
> after the last Full .... which is correct. If I recover via the GUI
> nwrecover it recoveres the files of /users/appli as it should ,thus
> with the last Full tape ...
>
> Anyone an idea ? Is this a bug ?

I think that might be a bug, but why would you use such a method to do a
disaster recovery? A much faster method is to use a saveset restore using
the "-S" option on the recover utility for each saveset you want to
restore. This way, you don't have to wait hours on end for Networker to
query the saveset database.