Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Backups : Cloning failures

2002-10-21 10:35:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Backups : Cloning failures
From: k0s5 <k0s5 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:34:53 +0800
At 10/20/2002 05:02 PM, Vikash Tulsi wrote:
Hi ! guys

For large data pools, full and level 5, the active cloning session appears
to be sleeping after 90 % of the save sets have been cloned. The group clone
session does not time out and Networker does not register an error
irrespective how long you allow the group clone session to run. This
requires me to manually stop the group, thus cloning registers as a failure.

I am currently running Legato version 6.1.1 on a Solaris 6 platform. Cloning
is automated, using Networker's save set cloning feature.

I am going through the process of logging a call with Legato. This could
take a while.

At this point in time I am trying various work around. Splitting the groups
in smaller groups, increasing the number of tape devices that it can write
to at once ( at the moment the source pool is locked down to a single tape
drive, to ensure more efficient use of the cloning tapes).

Any information, recommendations would be of great help.

Many Thanks
Vikash

Hi Vikash,

Does your cloning session ever work?
try to setup small cloning saveset and see the output.
also try manual cloning whether it's ok

Few months ago, I had strange case where all of sudden the cloning just
stop responding.
It started cloning for a while and then stop/idle forever.
manual cloning also failed.
Finally, reinstall the software solve the problem
platform: networker 6.1.1 on Solaris 8.

cheers - han