Networker

[Networker] Seagate tape drive block size issue

2002-10-10 16:42:22
Subject: [Networker] Seagate tape drive block size issue
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:05:52 -0400
Just for testing purposes, a colleague has installed Legato Networker
6.1.1 on a laptop with a Seagate Archive 4586NP tape drive connected to
it. This device uses DDS 2 tapes that has 4 GB uncompressed and 8GB
compressed capacity. Tapes can be labeled in this configuration, however,
when a backup begins, errors are received about a block size
incompatibility. This tape drive worked fine with other backup packages,
under Windows 2000.

I reviewed the archives and Seagate's web site, but I do not see how to
resolve this issue. I seem to recall that some sort of file needs to be
set up that sets the block size, but I couldn't find anything about that
in this list's archives.

Any tips on how to resolve this problem will be appreciated.