Networker

Re: [Networker] Barcode Labels ( 6charactors-- 8charactors ?)

2002-10-09 13:50:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Barcode Labels ( 6charactors-- 8charactors ?)
From: "Shelley L. Shostak" <sls AT QSTECH DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:50:24 -0700
Rahul,

As someone who has tried free software for making barcodes on the cheap, I
hearned that there is a checksum character for some barcodes.  Your jukebox
may be interpreting the checksum as part of the barcode instead of as a
checksum.  You can probably config the jukebox to ignore the checksum.  I
recommend contacting your vendor for support or reading through the manual
looking for configuration of bar codes.

Shelley