Networker

Re: [Networker] Client with 2 network interfaces

2002-10-07 14:35:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client with 2 network interfaces
From: "Fields, David" <David.Fields AT ACS-INC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 06:33:42 -1200
If you have a separate, isolated, network for your backups, then you can
make use of one of the client resources:  Server Network Interface.  It
located on the client under the Preferences tab (you may have set things up
so you can see hidden attributes).  This is how our backup network is set
up, and it works great.

This is assuming that your client are multi-homed on separate networks (and
at least one interface on  your Networker server is on that network also).
Keep in mind that Networker will need to resolve the hostname/IP's of all
the servers/clients involved, so make sure your DNS or host files are
up-to-date.  You may also have to make use of the Alias's field on the
client (I have to do this on many of our multi-homed clients).

Hope this helps.

David