Networker

[Networker] storage node installation problem

2002-10-05 07:08:01
Subject: [Networker] storage node installation problem
From: "francis.berges" <francis.berges AT LAPOSTE DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 13:07:56 +0200
hi folks

We are making some evolution to our networker landscape (
software and hardware ).
the actual configuration is

  A windows NT4 server ( sp 6 ) driving a storatek 9714
library ( 100 slots with 6 DLT 7000 drives )
running 6.0.1.

the future configuration will be:

  1 w2K server ( sp2)
  1 storage node ( w2K also ) driving a storagetek L180 with 3
super dlt drives ( quantum dlt220 ).

As we keep the same software ( 6.0.1 ), i try to add the new
storage node to our old configuration
to test it before moving indexes and media database to the new
computer.

here are the steps i follow:
        register a 45 days license for the storage node and
the new autochanger
        install the storage node software
        install the scsi drivers for the super DLT
        run jbconfig

So now i can add dlt tapes to the lib, deposit, inventory and
withdraw them and even made some
backups but when a backup is done the tape cannot be unloaded
or is condidered as full because the
forwarding of files on tape can't be done.
I try to install other drivers ( sdlt320 instead of sdlt1 )
but there is always a problem ( nsrjb -u
says the drives is free but it is loaded ).

I think my problem is either firmware on library or DLT
drivers. if one of you get a similar configuration
can he send me the output of an inquire ( to see the firmware
level ) and the driver fore the dlt drives.

One point which may be important is the connecting of the
drives. I have two Fc cards coming from my
storage node wich comes to two FCal/scsi bridges , each bridge
driving two SCSI bus. so my
library is a standard scsi jukebox.

any help will be welcome

francis

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ; 3615
LAPOSTENET (0,13 ?/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34?/mn)"