Networker

[Networker] use different names for the same backup client

2002-10-04 20:03:02
Subject: [Networker] use different names for the same backup client
From: Zaigui Wang <zaigui AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:02:59 -0700
I'd like to backup different save sets on the backup
server with different priority, so what I am trying to
do is create separate, and meaningful client names in
the backup client list.

For example, I'd like to use SERVER_etc for backing up
the /etc, and SERVER_opt for backing up the /opt
directory, etc. I specified both as individual host
entry in the /etc/hosts file on the server and try to
add them into the backup, it failed with an error like
"SERVER is alredy an alias for SERVER_etc".

What am I doing wrong? and what is best the way of
doing it?

Zaigui