Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup of Win2k Terminal Services / Citrix Metafr ame XP

2002-10-02 17:37:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup of Win2k Terminal Services / Citrix Metafr ame XP
From: Ed Shipe <ed AT EDSHIPE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:37:36 -0400
When you attempted to install the client, were you at the
server console or connected via a TS/Citrix session?  The
MSI service has issues when you are connected remotely (since
it ends up running as a separate user).  Try removing the
client and re-running the install process using the UNC
name to the setup.exe -- ex. \\server\share\<path-to-wherever>\setup.exe
even if the files are on a local device.  Also, you may need
to either use add/remove via the control panel, or do a
"change user /install" from a cmd to get the software to install correctly.

-ed shipe
ed AT edshipe DOT com