Networker

Re: [Networker] disaster recovery of a san storage node

2002-10-01 10:07:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] disaster recovery of a san storage node
From: mark kilpatrick <toptiertech AT YAHOO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:07:12 +0100
Alain,   You must first make sure that your Fibre Channel card can see the
devices.
Second, you must check that your OS can see the FC card and the devices
(through device management).   If not, then networker will not be able to see
them.  It is possible that you may need to install the emulex drivers and then
the tape device drivers.
Once you are sure that all your devices can be seen at the OS level then you
should be able to configure networker so that the SAN storage node can send
data to the shared tape device.
It may be necessary to jbconfig from the networker server again and
re-configure all shared tape devices.
Mark
 Alain Richard wrote:Hi everyone,

I try to recover a san storage node. I do exactly like I was recovering a
standart W2K server: put back a standart Worgroup image an recover
everyting from networker. The problem is, after the reboot, I can't see
any device form the SAN. Is there a 'how-to' document about recovering a
San storage node?

Legato 6.1.1 (server with DDS)
Legato 6.2 (San storage node)on client
Compaq San (emulex card covert to Compaq driver CPQ...)
Compaq Virtual replicator 3.0