Networker

Re: [Networker] How to stop a saveset during backup?

2002-09-27 05:27:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to stop a saveset during backup?
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 05:27:45 -0400
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:57:24 +0800, Robert Loh <robert AT SOFTSOURCE.COM DOT SG>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I got a very huge client to backup with a lot of saveset defined, during
the
>backup it just overshoot the backup windows, so I decided to stop same of
>the pending savesets of this group so that I can restart them again when
the
>system is not heavily loaded. At least I got the indexes and bootstrap
>backup eventhough the group will fail.
>Backup server = IBM AIX 4.3.3
>Networker 6.1.1
>
>Has try to kill the #save but it restarts by itself
>Has try to "suspend" those saveset in progress but to no avail

It is no accident that it restarts. It is controlled by the client retries
parameter of the group, which defaults to 1. You can change this to 0 if
you like, but you may see more backup failures (due to network glitches
etc.) if you take this safety guard away.