Networker

[Networker] nsradmin regular expressions

2002-09-26 17:21:25
Subject: [Networker] nsradmin regular expressions
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:21:22 -0400
Hey All,

I'm trying to do some nsradmin queries using regular expressions(without
a lot of luck).

I've used the below file and it works great

<------START NTsystems.fil
. type:nsr client; client os type: ^Windows NT*
show name; ;client os type; owner notification
print
<------END NTsystems.fil

This seems to work great to get all the NT systems server/workstation.

However, I'm trying to find all the clients that have an 'owner
notification' field containing a certain string.

For example:

. type:nsr client; owner notification: *joeuser AT wfubmc DOT edu*
show name; ;client os type; owner notification
print

or

. type:nsr client; owner notification: ^*joeuser AT wfubmc DOT edu*
show name; ;client os type; owner notification
print

The command I use for my 'owner notification' is:

"/usr/ucb/mail -s "HOST Backup Completion"
joeuser AT wfubmc DOT edu,billuser AT wfubmc DOT edu";

My goal is to replace every instance of joeuser AT wfubmc DOT edu with
jimuser AT wfubmc DOT edu.  I know this can be done manually, but I'd rather
avoid having to do it 50 times.  Dump everything and use perl to do the
regexp would work also, but I like to get more familiar with the
nsradmin pattern matching.

I appreciate any ideas you might have.

Thanks,

Joel Fisher