Networker

Re: [Networker] W2K and large file (> 9GB) corruption

2002-09-16 03:42:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] W2K and large file (> 9GB) corruption
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:48:55 +0200
Hello Doug,

Never ever heard about the issue like Yours.  I would
suspect that file was somehow corrupted anyway at the
time of backup then.  What happens when You try to run
dbverify on original database/file?  Is it OK?

If it is OK, then do following: run the backup of it
with dbverify log before which shows everything OK and
try to recover it once again.  If at that point db would
be corrupted again, then You have something which may
lead to conclusion that Legato may mess up something here.
I still doubt it, but You would need steps above to prove
it in first place.

If You would be able to do that, I would then go step
further and configure the backup to write on disk instead
of tape and do test again.

This might not be of a help to You, but You may try just
to clear things out.

Cheers,
Hrvoje Crvelin