Networker

Re: [Networker] Oracle RMAN script : nsrnmo

2002-09-13 19:03:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Oracle RMAN script : nsrnmo
From: "Mark Bradshaw (BTOpenWorld)" <notthehoople AT BTOPENWORLD DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:13:12 +0100
Hi Deepak,

If you don't need the Oracle Recovery Manager to keep track of your backups
for you then you don't need the Oracle Module to backup your database on
this system. Just use "Savepnpc" and write a script to shut the database
down - use 'su - oracle -c dbshut' or something to shutdown the database
prior to backup.

If you are using Oracle Recovery Manager then put the database shutdown
commands into the RMAN script. For example, something like the following
should work:

rman {

shutdown immediate ;

allocate channel t1 type 'sbt_tape' ;

backup database ....

release channel t1 ;

startup ;

}

I'm doing this from memory so don't trust the syntax!

Cheers

Mark