Networker

[Networker] Dealing with clones help request

2002-09-13 17:09:37
Subject: [Networker] Dealing with clones help request
From: Goldman of Chaos <goldman AT VISI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:09:31 -0500
Hello!

I could use some help in dealing with recovering data from a
clone tape set.

I have three data centers, MN1, MN2 and TX1.  The Networker server
is located at MN1.  The hosts in the data center at TX1 are set up
as storage nodes.  The hosts at the MN2 data center are set up just
as clients.

All are running Networker 6.X of a recent release.  (We've been installed
less than 6 months)

We have a very slow speed link between TX1 and MN1.  A fast link exists
between the MN1 and MN2 data centers.  All traffic between MN2 and TX1
has to pass through the MN1 data center.

What I want to do is backup system ANNOYANCE in TX1.  Clone the tapes.
FedEx the tapes to MN1, put the tapes into the really huge jukebox
at MN1 and then recover the data onto the system PAINFUL located in the
MN2 data center.

Oh and just to make the problem more complex, as I'm recovering the
data onto PAINFUL, a user need files restored to ANNOYANCE in TX1.

Is there a way to ensure that the restore of data to PAINFUL flows
from the MN1 data center, and that the restore to ANNOYANCE is
extracted from the tapes still in the jukebox at TX1?

Thanks!

Matthew

--
  O      O            __ |     \|                             O       O

Gallium--Arsenide: The technology of the future, as it always will be.
        Dr. A. Goldman, Dr. R. Goldman and Dr. E Behringer