Networker

[Networker] License problems with upgrade Solaris 9, SBU 6.12, autochanger

2002-09-12 10:57:22
Subject: [Networker] License problems with upgrade Solaris 9, SBU 6.12, autochanger
From: Joel Krajden <joelk AT CS.CONCORDIA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:57:19 -0400
Anyone else having problems running SBU 6.12 network edition on Solaris9 (64
bit) licensing an autochanger.

I upgraded from SBU 5.5.1 on Solaris 7 to 6.12 on Solaris 7. Everything was
fine.

I than upgraded to Solaris 9. Everything was fine execept I now added the
autochanger and NDMP license. The autochanger license  fails to enable any
slots on my Qualstar (8433) and does not enter an enabler code into the
jukebox resource. The NDMP licence does not seem to work either. SUN SBU has
sent me a temporary Power Edition license and an unlimited slot autochanger
license. The results were still negative.

The autochanger has the media changer and two drives hooked up to my backup
server (Sun E450), the remaining two drives are hooked up to my NetApp F760
running Ontap 6.2.1 so that I can back up over NDMP

Nsrjb  tells me I am not licensed.

pollen 12:03 [388] # ./nsrjb -Cv
setting verbosity level to `1'
nsrjb: error, The jukebox 'theon' is not properly licensed.  Make sure
the jukebox is properly enabled and authorized.

Jbverify complains about the NDMP connection but finds the robot and all the
drives.

"connect auth: connection has not been authorized"

The ndmp user is root and the password is 8 charcters". The NDMP version has
been set to 3 on the Netapp. And the NDMPD service is on. I have succesfully
used ndmpcopy from one volume to another on the NetApp.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Joel

--
| Joel Krajden              | Room: LB-915,  Tel: 848-3052  Fax 848-2830  |
| Senior Systems Analyst    | Email: joelk AT cs.concordia DOT ca

| Dept. of Computer Science | http://www.cs.concordia.ca/~staffcs/joelk   |
| Concordia University      |                                             |
| Montreal, Canada          |                                             |