Networker

Re: [Networker] Resetting remote jukebox

2002-09-06 05:31:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Resetting remote jukebox
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 05:34:41 -0400
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:58:34 -0700, Scott Kampen <SKampen AT VERISIGN DOT COM>
wrote:

>Hello, does anyone know the command to reset a remote tape device?  Here's
>my environment:  I have an E4500 NSRserver (Alaskan1) connected to a
>Qualstar tape unit called Select-A-Meal (it looks like a vending machine).
>To reset that jukebox I would execute the command "nsrjb -j Select-A-Meal
>-HE"  Now, I have a E4500 Storage Node (Fatangel) connected to a Qualstar
>tape unit called MissBliss.  That tape unit show up on my NSR GUI as
>rd=fatangel:MissBliss  Can I use the "nsrjb" command to remotely reset that
>MissBliss device from Alaskan1?  Or do I need to execute some command from
>Fatangel?

The nsrjb command needs to be executed on the machine that controls the
robotics of the jukebox, so in your case you need to run the following
command on Fatangel:

nsrjb -s Alaskan1 -j MissBliss -HE

If you need to trigger this command from the server, you can use rsh, or
nsrexec, or just do it from nwadmin (yes it's there but hidden away).

Using nsrexec (as root only):

export RUSER=root
export RCMD="nsrjb -s Alaskan1 -j MissBliss -HE"
nsrexec -c Fatangel

If you do it from the GUI, you need to look in the jukebox resource for
the "operation" attribute.