Networker

Re: [Networker] Enabler Code Printing

2002-09-03 03:02:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Enabler Code Printing
From: "Tarjei T. Jensen" <tarjei.jensen AT KVAERNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 03:05:28 -0400
Simpkins, Jim wrote:

>I want to print out the enabler codes for sending off-site with our tapes,
>so I have a simple .bat file that I use to call nsradmin. However, if
>instead of calling the script from a normal NT DOS session, I schedule it
>using the NT scheduler 'at', the resultant output file is not formatted in
>the same way. When I print it, most of the data appears to be missing.
>However, I have examined the output file and the data is there, but there
>are also additional format effectors (hex 0D) which seem to prevent it
being
>printed properly.

0D or ascii 13 is carriage return. If there is a carriage return without a
corresponding line feed, then you certainly get a messy printout. The
problem would perhaps then be that nsradmin is not behaving as it should
and you should perhaps talk to legato support about its behaviour. You
could also have a look at the manual to see if there is any environment
variables which controls its behaviour.

You can solve the problem by writing a program or script which checks the
output and adds the neccessary control codes.

greetings,