Networker

[Networker] "nsrd: media info: Not enough space"

2002-08-30 02:27:09
Subject: [Networker] "nsrd: media info: Not enough space"
From: Madonna Cosgrove <m.cosgrove AT QUT.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:45:43 +1000
Hi All,

Server: Tru64 UNIX V5.1A. PAtch kit 2
Storage Node:  Tru64 UNIX V5.1
               ATL P2000m Tape library
Networker version 6.1.1 on both

My problem is with the P2000.  I am getting the following error

"nsrd: media info: Not enough space"

when trying to do a restore.  Does anyone have any ideas what this error
message means and how do I fix it?  So far it appears to have a problem
reading the label after loading the tape into the drive.  The restore will
not continue and I have to cancel out.  It also then leaves he jukebox in a
strange state and only shutting down from the server seems to fix it. I
have been able to do a restore only by using one of the other drives in the
library if it is configured as a standalone drive.

Thanks for any help.

Maddie

Madonna Cosgrove
System Administrator