Networker

Re: [Networker] 6.1.2 sends too many emails

2002-08-28 08:55:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] 6.1.2 sends too many emails
From: "Maiello, Robert" <Robert.Maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:58:43 -0400
(belated Summary):

Well  I didn't have to wait that long, although, yes,  I ran a few bug Ids
and
case numbers by support from folks on the list.

My problem here, specifically, is that Networker kept trying to use a tape
drive
that it had already disabled; hence, the multiple emails.

This bug (trying to use an already disabled device) I was told is LGTpa
29701.
Suffice to say,  I have no recourse for the problem.

Luckily , I've only had this happen once with 6.1.2.   That said, I still
changed the device
disabled notification to not email  our admin group; but, rather just
myself.  No sense in
sending 50+ emails to a group of people.   I'm sure others on the list have
various
filter scripts to parse the multiple notifications..

Robert Maiello
Thomson  Medical Economics