Networker

[Networker] License issue for Disaster Recovery CD for Solaris

2002-08-25 06:21:24
Subject: [Networker] License issue for Disaster Recovery CD for Solaris
From: "Alex T. H. Li" <alexlihk AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:27:44 +0800
Dear All,

We are a SI to provide Legato Solution in Hong Kong. We created a bootable
DR CD (included Solaris and Networker agent) and it was certified to
Recovery a SUN Microsystems within 20 minutes (with 9GB capacity). We can do
this since the agent can startup in the DR CD, customer do not require to
install OS and backup agent.

Now, we want to sell it with our solutions in HK. Will it violate Networker
license if I sell this CD? I have checked it with CA ARCServe or EB, CA is
encourage we do this in HK. Anybody have this kind of licenses experience?
In generate, embedded a evaluation software in a CD, will it voliate
software licenses?

Thanks.

Alex LI