Networker

Re: [Networker] Need help in DDS

2002-08-25 04:57:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Need help in DDS
From: Lee Hwan Meng <hwanlee AT SOFTHOME DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:04:59 +0800
I tried it over the weekend. It works this way:

1.      Normally, Server A acts as Networker server (jbconfig to recognise new
library), Server B storage node. This is true for the new library in the new
env

2.      To restore old data from old library, stop Server A's nsrd, stop Server
as storage node, start Server B as Networker server (with jbconfig to
recognise old library)

3.      To revert back, stop Server B's nsrd, start Server A as Networker
server,
Server B as storage node.

Again, what I don't understand is why 2 nsrd cannot exist within a SAN env.
In my env, I have a Server C starting up as a Networker server
running/jbconfig another old library. I don't get the msg complaining about
this in Server A. Well, of course, Server C is not a storage node of the new
library.

Anyway, it works now for me with the above arrangement.

Any further input welcomed!

Regards
Hwan Meng