Networker

Re: [Networker] Auto Cleaning on SmartMedia Connected JukeBoxes

2002-08-20 12:29:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Auto Cleaning on SmartMedia Connected JukeBoxes
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:31:43 -0400
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:48:10 -0400, Nelson Caparroso <nelcaps AT NETZERO DOT

wrote:

>I've a STK_9710 managed by SmartMedia and used by Networker 6.1.1.. Is it
possible to do auto cleaning in this setup? On the  STK L700, the jukebox
has its own drive cleaning system independent of Networker.. so all I have
to do is have ample cleaning cartridges in the playground area and it will
auto clean itself... SInce I do not have a 9710 manual, I cannot be sure if
the same is true --- auto cleaning features on its own...

The 9710 can do auto-cleaning in the same way as the L700. The manual says
that it has to be enabled at the time as installation. I have set this up
myself in the past but cannot remember exactly how I did it. It could have
been that the JB needs to be power-cycled with a cleaning tape in the
playground. The menu has options for depositing/withdrawing cleaning carts,
as well as for setting the number of uses per cart. I think this menu only
appears if cleaning is enabled. I have the manual here if you need to know
anyhing specific.