Networker

[Networker] Legato client can't see server

2002-08-14 11:43:45
Subject: [Networker] Legato client can't see server
From: Simon Phillips <sdph AT DML.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:45:21 +0100
I have a system with assorted clients on a WAN. Most novell boxes fire up and
go straight to the server.
I have just installed Legato client 4.21 on a Novell 6 server. The server is on
a private net but I can ping it and it can ping the legato server.
When I fire up networkr, it looks for servers and reports none. It then shuts
down. It still can't see the server if I point the client directly to the
server ( the -S option).
Has anybody seen this problem before? Is it related to the fact the it is on
our only Novell 6 machine?

Thanks

Simon Phillips

Simon Philllips