Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup through a firewall?

2002-08-13 14:49:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup through a firewall?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:51:59 +0200
I am backuping clients through firewall without any problem.
Here is the list of the ports I opened :

        From backup Server and SN to clients

        PortMap : Udp 111
        PortMap : Tcp 111
        Networker-10001-12500   : Tcp
        Networker-7537-7660     : Tcp
        Networler-7937-8100-tcp : Tcp
        Networker-8910          : Tcp
        Networker-8911          : Tcp
        Networker-udp-7938      : Udp
        Snmp
        Snmp-Trap

       From Clients to Backup server and SN

        Syslog
        Snmp
        Snmp-Trap
        Networker-10001-12500   : Tcp
        Networker-7537-7660     : Tcp
        Networler-7937-8100-tcp : Tcp
        Networker-8910          : Tcp
        Networker-8911          : Tcp
        Networker-udp-7938      : Udp

You have also to restrict port range from client and server level
(nsrla.res)
to match with your FW settings.

In my case :
connection ports: 10001-12500;
service ports: 7937-8100;

HTH,

Thierry

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

Storage & Server Integration Practice
Tru64 Unix and Legato EBS Consultant

                             HEWLETT - PACKARD
                             Compaq Computers, a member of the new HP
 *********       *********   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 *******    h      *******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******    h        ******
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****   Hewlett-Packard Belgium
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *******    p      *******
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32(0)2/729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32(0)478/50.51.36
                             Fax :      +32(0)2/729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email :    thierry.faidherbe AT hp DOT com
                             Internet : http://www.hp.com/

_____

MOBISTAR SA/NV

SYSTEM Team Charleroi, Mermoz 2 Phone : +32 (0)2/745.75.81
Avenue Jean Mermoz, 32          Fax :   +32 (0)2/745.89.56
6041 GOSSELIES                  Email : tfhaidhe AT mail.mobistar DOT be
BELGIUM                         Web :   http://www.mobistar.be/
_____