Networker

Re: [Networker] strange tape writing stats

2002-08-09 10:57:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] strange tape writing stats
From: "Maiello, Robert" <Robert.Maiello AT MEDEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:59:18 -0400
Hmm,  perhaps I'll call Sun now.   I regret posting any entries to the list;
I offer the following explanations though:

I had a several Quantum engineers confirm the entires.
I had  Sun support confirm the entries..

I agree and do not doubt  that the support is there already in the st driver
(according to the rev notes).
However, having no entries in the st.conf tends to confuse both Quantum
and Legato tech support when calling in a problem.

Sun should update/fix their st.conf file with  these patch revs.  While
its says DLT7000's are supported,  it does not mention, LTO or SDLT.
Further, even for Quantum DLT7000, it does not have  Note1 which
says that no entry is needed.

I apologize for confusing anyone on the list..

Robert Maiello
Thomon Medical Economics