Networker

[Networker] tape drive technology

2002-08-06 10:38:59
Subject: [Networker] tape drive technology
From: Paul Crossman <pcrossman AT WILDFIRE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:41:06 -0400
Hello all,

I'm currently looking at either augmenting my existing tape stacker, or
purchasing a new tape jukebox, and I'd like to hear from others on the
list that may have recently done this.

Currently I have a 36 slot Compaq tape stacker with 4 DLT7000 drives,
and yes, it is a stacker not a jukebox.

I'd really like to get a real jukebox with entry/exit ports/slots so
that certain things are less of a hassle and I can keep a reasonable
amount of data online and available for restore.

Should I purchase a large DLT jukebox, or switch tape format entirely?
I've been talking with a vendor and they suggest moving to AIT3 tape
technology.

Thoughts?

Paul C.