Networker

Re: [Networker] tape modes

2002-08-02 16:30:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] tape modes
From: Matthew Bourne <mbourne2001 AT LYCOS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:32:36 -0400
Hi all,

I have seen this behaviour too.

Our set-up has one single DLT7000 drive in addition to an 8-slot jukebox.

If I change the mode of a volume to recyclable, NetWorker treats it in one of
two ways:
1. If the volume is in a jukebox slot, it will be selected, recycled, and used
by NetWorker
when required.
2. If the volume is in the lone DLT7000 drive, once I have changed its mode to
recyclable, I then have to mount it manually - but this doesn't force NetWorker
to recycle
the tape, so it mounts Read Only.

I've yet to figure out how to _actually_ recycle a volume manually, rather than
simply
marking it as recyclable, which is what I need to do in the case of the lone
DLT.

Does this help ?

Regards,

Matthew

Check out all the latest outrageous email attachments on the Outageous Email
Chart! - http://viral.lycos.co.uk