Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] s3fs access issue

2017-04-13 21:41:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] s3fs access issue
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Parthibarajan <parthi_mr AT yahoo DOT com>, "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 03:39:59 +0200
Hello,

bacula-sd daemon usually run as bacula user. The directory defined in "Archive Device" should have bacula:disk or bacula:tape ownership.

Please have a look at permissions/ownership of "/mnt/s3/consi-it-backup/" to allow bacula user access.

Best regards,

Ana

I fixed the earlier client issue which was due to non removal of the ash tag(#) that made it as a comment and not a config. presently this is the error i receive "backup-sd JobId 36: Error: dev.c:130 Unable to stat device /mnt/s3/consi-it-backup/: ERR=Permission denied"

i have created a s3 bucket with a name consi-it-backup in my amazon cloud  and mounted the same in my ec2 instance that's running bacula director. I want to directly make use of s3 through s3fs in my ec2 instance. does s3fs is restricted only to root user ? how to make bacula to access the bucket ?

Thanks
Parthi