Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: Bandwidth in Bacula (slow rate)

2017-03-24 04:13:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: Bandwidth in Bacula (slow rate)
From: Petar Kozić <petar.kozic AT mint DOT rs>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, Norbert Gomes <norbert.gomes AT univ-orleans DOT fr>, Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>, Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 04:11:57 -0400
I try to reconfigure bacula director and configure with

—enable-batch-insert

My transfer rate now is increase for more of 50% and I’m happy for this.

Despooling also is much faster, but...

I have now another problem.

Verify DiskToCatalog is very slow and my Scheduled job is waiting too long.

Is there a way to increase speed of verify.

>From one client:

Files=212,578 Bytes=33,157,419,846 AveBytes/sec=646,709 LastBytes/sec=646,709 Errors=0

From another client:

Files=8,337 Bytes=170,692,703 AveBytes/sec=14,933 LastBytes/sec=28,204 Errors=0

Petar Kozić
System Administrator