Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bandwidth in Bacula (slow rate)

2017-03-21 09:46:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bandwidth in Bacula (slow rate)
From: Petar Kozić <petar.kozic AT mint DOT rs>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 09:44:16 -0400
Hi,

I will try to describe my problem with slow transfer rate.

I was setup Bacula server and now every day I will put one by one instances in backup.

Yesterday I was put one instances and backup was done fine. But for about 47,000 files, sum size 930 MB, bacula is transfer for 11 minutes. Transfer rate is about 1,230 KB/s.

That's very slow. I try to measure bandwidth with iperf. Both instances are on linux. That was Gigabite network between two nodes.

Iperf says:
Interval            Transfer             Bandwidth
0.0-10.0 sec     1.08 GBytes    928 Mbits/sec

I don’t have any Bandwidth statement in configuration file.
How can I run backup faster ?

Petar Kozić
System Administrator