Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can't run bacula any more.

2017-03-13 09:39:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can't run bacula any more.
From: Richard <lists-bacula AT listmail.innovate DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:38:44 +0000

> Date: Monday, March 13, 2017 14:07:04 +0100
> From: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>
>
> On 2017-03-13 at 12:40:52 Richard wrote:

>> If it shows a list of the ~25+ tables (likely ending with
>> "Version"), then exit mysql/mariadb and (still as system root) run
>> the "grant_mysql_privileges" script that's in your
>> /usr/libexec/bacula/ directory.
>
> Yes, I see 26 rows ending with Version.
>

>> After doing that, then as a normal (non-root) system user, do:
>>
>>    mysql -u bacula
>>
>>    [i don't believe that a password is set, but you can look at
>>    the    top of the grant script to confirm this.]
>>
>>    show databases;
>
> Unfortunately does not show "bacula".

When you ran the "grant_mysql_privileges" script did it give a
multi-column display of settings, with something like "Privileges for
user ..." at the bottom? If so, could you confirm the user/db
information on that line (you can rerun the script without having to
take any other actions). If not, what type of output (if any) did you
get?