Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can I split full backups into 2 different days instead of 1st Sunday of the months?

2017-03-07 12:50:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can I split full backups into 2 different days instead of 1st Sunday of the months?
From: Jan Stefanovic <jstefanovic AT tantalus DOT com>
To: "Mike Fröhner" <mikefroehner AT gmx DOT de>, Michael Watters <wattersm AT watters DOT ws>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 17:49:02 +0000

Thank you, gents!!! Appreciate your inputs a lot!

Please note, we are not using tapes here, just file backups.

I actually created 2 new pools with different “Label Format” and added those huge servers to both pools, splitting them 50/50

So, now  have pools:

ITServersPool-A

ITServersPool-B

And I’ve changed bacula-dir.conf:  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2

Not sure yet how to schedule Full backups on 1st Sunday for ITServersPool-A  and 2nd Sunday for ITServersPool-B

As well, when I’ve changed Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2

will Bacula run increment backups to both pools (using different tapes)

or will Bacula run increment backups randomly?

have a great day, gents!

Thanks, take care

Jan Stefanovic

IT Systems Administrator